VMware released today a new Version of the vCenter Operations Manager Suite – Version 5.8 . With vCOPS you can monitor your virtual infrastructure, covering performance, capacity and with adapter packages you can integrate hardware infrastructure like NetApp & EMC Storage.
The new release has some great improvements like.
- active directory integration for authentication
- integration with Log Insight using a vCOPS Content Pack
- expanded integration with vCenter Hyperic
- Optimized query execution to improve performance at scale
You can get some management packs on the Cloud Management Marketplace: https://solutionexchange.vmware.com/store/vcops
All Downloads can be found on the VMware Operations Management Suite Download Site: vCOPS-Downloads
How to Upgrade to vcops 5.8 :
To upgrade from a Previous Version follow these steps:
- Save the .pak file for the vCenter Operations Manager 5.8 build to your local storage.
- Log in to the Administration portal using the admin user credentials.
- On the Update tab, click Browse and select the .pak file that you saved to local disk.
- Click Update
- Accept the EULA by selecting the check box and click OK.
- Accept and confirm the update.
- The update process will start, and the Administration portal page might refresh after some time and ask you to login again.
- Log in to the Administration portal, wait for the update to complete, and verify that the Upgrade tab indicates a successful upgrade. Note: You might need to refresh the browser to view the updated product version and build number.
- Log in to the vCenter Server that manages the license for vCenter Operations Manager, and apply the new vCenter Operations Manager 5.8 license key.
- Note: You must re-apply the new license key in the vCenter Server after the upgrade.
- If you do not, you will see reduced functionality in the vCenter Operations Manager interface.
- In the Administration portal, navigate to the Status tab and restart all services.
- Log in to the vSphere client or the custom interface to verify that the vCenter Operations Manager interface is displayed properly.
All informations about these Release can be found here: vCOP 5.8 Release Notes