VMware released a new Version of vSphere Data Protection 5.5.5!
With VDP you can backup and recover virtual machines in the vSphere Web Client. VDP is fully integrated with the vCenter so you can provide agentless, disk-based backup of VM to deduplicated storage.
In the new Version are some issues resolved:
- The VDP Appliance creates a restore point for VM clients on the Restore tab that are associated with cancelled backup tasks
- Image restore as new fails for disk larger than 2TB
- Alarms are raised during second boot
- Scalability: Web Client UI loses connection with VDP timing out, while submitting more than 10 restores
- Attach existing storage zo VDP
- Rollback to a validated checkpoint for the VDP Appliance fails after vCenter change
The new Version could be downloaded here: vSphere VDP 5.5.5
All informations about these Release can be found here: Release Notes 5.5.5